Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paws For Charity 2012

This year is my fourth annual year for curating an art book to raise funds for charity. The first three years, with the help of 60 artists each year, raised money for cancer charity.

Since my own battle with breast cancer last year, I decided to put cancer behind me for a while, so this year my project will raise funds for S.H.A.I.D. SHAID is an animal shelter in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. We adopted our little girl Myrtle from SHAID in December. Like any rescue, they are always in need of funds.

It's a cause that of course is very "local", so I wasn't sure what the reception would be from artists and photographers in other locations. They are pulling through! So far, I've received images of artwork and photographs from Canada, US, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, and Luxembourg.

But...I still need more. The deadline for sending submissions is February 29th. Fingers crossed that most people send their images before that! If you know an artist or photographer that might be interested in helping out, the details are on the Paws For Charity blog (www.pawsforcharity.blogspot.com)

If you want to see a sample of the quality of book, here is a link to my 2010 project (Paws For Charity) 

Artwork and artistic photographs of dogs and cats raising funds for SHAID!

No comments: